Thursday, August 13, 2009

Michael Card Had His Reasons

Greetings,

I want to start a journey, rather, I want to share my journey with others. I'll start by saying that I've come a long way from my boyhood dream of becoming president or a world changing voice for God. I have lost things, given things up, gained new understanding, and the canvas of my life has been washed clean and repainted again and again. Still the words of Michael Card (a great musician and greater theologian) ring true in my mind:"And so we follow God's own fool, for only the foolish can tell; Believe the unbelievable. Come be a fool as well"

I have been a fool for so long. I have pursued foolish religion, foolish politics, foolish desire. I hope to become more like the fool that Mr. Card speaks of and less the fool that American pleasantries would have me be.

Travel with me as I ponder and write about the struggles of being a Christian in a country where the church-goers attack the ideals in the mind of God and in a place where those concerned with everything but God label all those that do seek his face as imbiciles. I seek a balance between these things and I believe that Jesus of Nazereth, at the heart of his message, teaches that neither extreme can be right.

I'll speak to politics, I'll speak to religion, I'll speak to how it is to be totally angered by the ideas of God that exist while still pursuing the mind of God, and what that means if you're an American (And if I actually get to spend time in some other places, what I learn about that same thing around the world). Ask the difficult questions. Speak out against the things that anger you, and speak for the things that give you hope.

Please join this fool and teach me as we travel.

Cheers,

God's Own Fool

No comments:

Post a Comment