Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Sincerely

I was driving home with my wife last night from a well earned trip home to Atlanta, GA. We talked about the trip for awhile, but the conversation quickly turned to more serious things. All of the personal details we plodded through are of little consequence, but we did discuss something important.

I have always wanted to be an honest man, for as long as I had a mind to care about such things at least. I suppose that my anger gets the best of me too often and my honesty can become cruel in the face of that anger. I have lived around many people that lie about a myriad of little things hoping that their little white lies will somehow make them more pleasant to be around, or more interesting than the other people around them. I'm not afraid to say that I find this kind of behavior juvenile at least, and often I find it downright disgusting.

That said, honesty without love is a dangerous thing. We, my wife and I, talked back and forth about this for awhile and I realized that what I need, what I really wish to be to others, is a sincere man. I want to show love to others, and I want to only be truthful with them. I need to get rid of my spite though. I suppose that last night it sounded a lot like sincerity to me as we talked about the need for honesty no matter what, and the equal need to be loving to the people around us. I'm exicted to see where this goes.

Cheers,

Patrick

No comments:

Post a Comment